Sunday, January 12, 2014

Finally

As I approach my 29th birthday, I've decided to finally jump on the wagon and take the Architect Registration Exam (ARE). As with most things I do, I need to have a goal and so my goal is simply to become an architect before I turn 30 in February of 2015.  This essentially gives me 13 months to pass the exams.

The ARE for those of you who are unfamiliar with the road to architectural licensure, is actually composed of seven (yes, 7) exams, each of which requires a great deal of studying and preparation. Just yesterday I began studying for my first exam, Construction Documents & Services, an exam which is statistically one of the more difficult exams.

A friend of mine who recently completed the ARE and is now a registered architect (am I jealous?...hell yes I'm jealous) informed me that as difficult as the CDS exam is, it is at least one of the most straightforward exams - and definitely a good exam to start with so as not to have any incorrect assumptions about the other six exams (such as, "Wow, these are f***ing easy!  I'm going to be an architect in no time!").

So with that said, wish me luck.  I'll keep you posted.  -R

1 comment:

  1. Hi Edward, i just found your study notes in quizlet and was impressed how good your notes are. Some of your notes have the password. Do you mind if you can share them with me? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete